For over four decades now Concrete Aggregates Corporation has been the ever reliable partner of constructors in nation-building. Continuously providing the construction industry with high quality aggregates conforming to international and local standards, CAC has been synonymous to quality product and services.
Nestled in Angono, Rizal, a quaint little town East of Manila, our plants are easily accessible to our customers. We also use the services of dependable and trusted haulers to ensure on time delivery of our products.
A well-motivated workforce, backed-up by comprehensive technical facilities and a responsible management team, assures our commitment to our customers and the community.
And now, CAC makes history by being the first Filipino aggregates company to obtain an ISO 9001-2000 certification. This is a Quality Management System Standard given to corporations that meet the international standards of excellence. CAC is a company that is never behind the times. We provide efficient customer service and world-class aggregate products to construction industry. With its outstanding performance, CAC will surely go down the records as the company that pursues excellence at all times.
The company began doing business upon its incorporation in 1959 as CONCRETE AGGREGATES, INC. (CAI). Since then the company has supplied the construction industry with quality processed aggregates, ready mix concrete, bituminous concrete mix and pre-stressed/pre-cast concrete. In 1973, CAI merged with BUILD-ON AGGREGATES CORPORATION (BAC) and the resulting entity was named CONCRETE AGGREGATES CORPORATION (CAC). CAC conducted its quarrying activities in Angono, Rizal, which is the source of the best aggregates for the construction industry.In 1978, Ortigas & Company, Limited Partnership (OCLP) purchased a controlling interest in CAC and took over the management of the company.
In the year 2000, business development for the next several yearsdevolved and focused on the proper maintenance, repair and rehabilitation of the company's four (4) crushing plants.Special attention was given to intensify and pursue aggressive marketing campaigns, with the company attaining ISO certification to ensure quality of products and services and customer satisfaction. Environmental enhancement and protection were likewise meticulously advocated to ensure smooth and continuous operations. In 2006, in addition to continuing its efforts in the above-discussed areas, the company also intensified its research and development activities with the goal of introducing new products to the market.
In 2007, the Board of Directors of the company authorized the conduct of a bidding to select an operator of its Angono quarry for a period of fifteen (15) years. Three companies qualified to participate in the bidding of which two submitted formal bids on 16 November 2007. On 29 November 2007, the Company's Board of Directors declared that the consortium of Republic Cement Corporation and Lafarge Holdings (Philippines), Inc. (the "Consortium") won the bid for the right to operate the company's Angono quarry.
Pursuant to the results of the bidding, on June 2, 2008, CAC entered into an Operating Agreement with BatongAngono Aggregates Corporation (BAAC) whereby BAAC was granted the right to operate the CAC's quarry in Angono, Rizal for fifteen (15) years subject to the conditions indicated in the Operating Agreement as well as the CAC's Mineral Production Sharing Agreements (MPSAs) and Environmental Compliance Certificate (ECC).
CAC Vision-Mission Statement
Concrete Aggregates Corp, shall be the preferred supplier of aggregates-based construction materials."
In achieving this vision, we will:
- Deliver the best quality, value for money, innovative products to our customers to ensure their satisfaction;
- Provide best returns and shareholder value to our stockholders;
- Establish meaningful and gainful partnerships with our employees;
- Maintain mutually beneficial relationships with our suppliers and business partners;
- Promote sustainable development through responsible use of natural resources;
- Champion the cause of environmental protection; and
- Be a socially responsible corporate citizen of our community.
We, the employees and management of Concrete Aggregates Corporation, are committed to:
- The principle that no task is so important as to jeopardize health, safety, or the environment, and in the pursuit thereof, to comply with all relevant legal, regulatory, and contractual commitments and obligations;
- Attain optimum productivity and cost-effectiveness to ensure best returns and stakeholder value;
- Provide products and services that exceed customer expectations;
- A formal and continuing program of review, evaluation and modification of our operations, at all levels, so that the Company's ability to provide internationally-accepted products and services of the highest quality standards is sustained; and
- Train, involve and empower all employees to continually improve the quality management system.